What is black mold?

Black mold is the most dangerous type of mold that can be found in a home. Black mold grows in dark and damp places. It is most common to find black mold in your home if you have water damage in your home or have recently had water damage in your home.

Sometimes, black mold can not be seen. It depends on where the water damage is. If you have water damage in your ceiling then there is a chance that you have mold growing in that area and you just can't see it.

After mold has grown for a certian amount of time, and there is a large amount of it in one area, you will soon began to smell the mold. Of course it will have a moldy smell. It will be very distinct. So you will be able to smell it once it gets to that point.

Keep in mind that if the mold has gotten to the point where you can smell it, then it has already reached a dangerous status. This means that you will need to go to the doctor to be checked out.

Mold can cause a variety of different health issues. Health issues that range from rashes, watery eyes, blocked nose, runny nose, respiratory system infections, and in some cases, even death.

Once you have been checked and you are cleared by a health professional, you will need to call a water damage restoration company to come out and test your home for mold. You can learn more about mold testing and how it would be beneficial to you by checking out www.damagecontrolflorida.com/ .

Once they are able to check your home for mold, they will be able to tell you if and when it will be safe for you to re-enter your home.

While mold is very dangerous, it is often caused by water damage in your home. So, to help prevent your home from being infested with mold, there are some signs that you can keep a look out for to help spot water damage early on.

If you would like to learn more, you can visit damagecontrolflorida for more information.